Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 30 - Nearing the End

Wow, Day 30 is already here!  Believe it or not, Day 30 kind of snuck up on me.  They say that you need to do something for 28 days, or so, before it become habit and the Whole30 has definitely become that for my wife and I.

I am really dying to weigh myself.  I don't think that I have lost a ton of weight but I have conflicting thoughts on this.  I don't think I've lost much mainly because I've been eating like a hog for 30 days.  The Whole30 says nothing about portion sizes; we're not supposed to snack or skip meals, so when mealtime hits, I eat!  I get hungry, but since we're not counting calories, I eat.  Everything I have eaten has been, at least to my knowledge, Whole30 approved, so perhaps this is one of the points of the Whole30, eat as much as you want, just make sure you are eating good, healthy food.

So why conflicted on the weight gain/loss?  For one, everyone keeps telling me that i look better.  I mainly discount this because nearly everyone knows I doing the Whole30, so they could be biased.  It might also be that everyone is just trying to be polite.  "Oh you're on a diet?  You do look like you've lost weight." or "wow you look great", etc.  Not that there is anything wrong with compliments; everyone has been super supportive and it's great, I just don't consider it empirical data.

What I have noticed is two things that are measurable.  First, my blood pressure is generally down.  I've always been borderline hypertensive, mainly because I am (maybe was) 40 lbs overweight, but lately I have been down close to or below the 120/80 standard.  I don't recall ever being consistently around 120/80, typically I'm around 135+/90+.  Second, I am two belt holes down on my belt! Two!

Exhibit A
Judging by the wear marks on my belt, it hasn't been this small in a long, long time.  I've had this belt since high school, so it's probably 17 years old, give or take a year.  Anyone remember the store Structure?  There was a Structure in the Summit (Scum-it) Place Mall in the mid-nineties and that is where this baby came from.  Either I am losing some weight or at the very least I am storing it somewhere other than my ass and waist.  Don't call me fat-head, it's not nice.

I have resisted the urge to weigh myself this long, so I won't know until morning.  12:00 a.m. February 3rd, is technically morning.

I do have a bit of anxiety that is building up.  Tomorrow is Day 31, what do I do!?  You would think after 30 days of abstaining from so much that I would know exactly what non-Whole30 food I was going to eat first.  I haven't a clue.  I like being off sugar, I don't want to go back.  A glass of wine, maybe, but we don't have any at the house.  I'm seriously thinking of just continuing the Whole30 just to make it easy. The program may have won, I honestly don't have a strong urge to go back to any of those non-Whole30 foods...

...I am gonna have a damn beer this weekend though, that I can promise you! #drinklocal #drunklocal

No comments:

Post a Comment