Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day 21 - Routine

I don't really have much to write about today but it's been about a week since I last posted so I felt like I needed to post an update.  Everything is great.  The only thing really new is that I'm sleeping notably less than I used to before.  I used to average around 9 hours of sleep a night but now I am regularly only getting/needing 7 hours.  It's an important distinction that I'm only needing 7-8 hours.  I still going to bed at the same time at night but I frequently wake up between 5 and 6am feeling completely refreshed.  I've also learned to not fight my natural sleep cycle; instead of fighting to get another 1 or 2 hours of sleep, I just get up and start my day now.  Starting my day at 5 would typically have resulted in a need for an afternoon or evening nap but I find that I have plenty of energy for the entire day still.  Less sleep, more energy, so I got that going for me.

Since I don't have much to report I'll do a little plug for a pretty neat device that we purchased recently.  It came highly recommended from some friends of ours so we (my wife) picked up a food spiralizer.
We purchased this Paderno 3-Blade Spiralizer from William-Sonoma.




I was a bit of a skeptic at first but I've really started to enjoy this thing.  My wife and I have been making a lot of salads using the spiralizer with zucchini and cucumber.  Pasta is on the "No" list for Whole30 so we have also used zucchini "noodles" as a substitute for the real thing with a variety of sauces for dinner-ish meals.  I am surprised by how much I like spiralized vegetables as well.  For instance, I would have never imagined eating a raw zucchini (yuck), grilled or baked in a muffin, okay, but never raw.  I still would never think of biting into a raw zucchini, but turn it into little noodles and its good.  Maybe I'm weird, it's probably all in my head, but I like it.  This spiralizer is pretty easy to use, pretty easy to clean, and I've been a fan so far.

A little over a week to go.  It's time to start pondering what my first non-Whole30 food choice will be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment